Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tucker and I in the duck blind, hunting the roost again (it took me a few times to really figure this one out). I believe this morning hunt accounted for one duck, but the picture is priceless.


This was my first education in feet-down-wing-locked-crazy-ass-goose-action. I believe the three man, 12 bird limit took us about fifteen minutes once the first flock hit the ground. Another lesson learned: being on the "X" is what its all about. This day the "X" happened to be right outside the city limits. I'm not compaining!


I couldn't decide which picture I like better so I posted them both. Tucker with a brace of Lessors north of Moses Lake. We killed more geese that day and had a fun hunt despite the morning fog that kept flock after flock wary and at bay.

This was our "Suicide Lessor." He came in after the previous photos were snapped, the truck was parked by the field, the decoys in bags and stacks waiting to be thrown in the back of the truck and Big Jonny, Tucker and I walking around the field picking up. He was a sucker for high pitched clucks and fell to one wicked sixty yard shot by sexy Big Jonny.

No comments: